Wednesday, April 30, 2003
Hey, is that a new haircut? Did you get your HAIR CUT???!? Oh. It looked sort of different from here. Do you always wear it like that, or...? Oh.
So, kittens, the big news, nearly a week and a half old at this point, is that we are back from the Hot Aural Action tour, and boy-holy-shit was it hot. What a good tour it was! We will get you the all-important web pics and the jokes and happenings from that trip soon. SOON! That's a promise!
There really is no other news, no "small" news or anything. Keep up the good work, everybody. As a reward for your steely resolve in these troubling times, here are 24 things for you to think about, each of which will give you a little lift -- who can't use a little lift during their day? Read each one and really take a moment to think about what you're reading:
1. Falling in love.
2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.
3. A hot shower.
4. A special glance.
5. Taking a drive on a pretty road.
6. Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
7. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
8. A Chocolate milkshake (or vanilla!) (or strawberry).
9. A long-distance phone call.
10. A bubble bath.
11. A good conversation.
12. Finding a $20 bill in your coat from last winter.
13. Laughing at yourself.
14. Midnight phone calls that last for hours.
15. Running through sprinklers.
16. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.
18. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
19. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
20. Your first kiss (either the very first or with a new partner).
21. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
22. Playing with a new puppy.
23. Driving your car off a pier.
24. Lighting a cat on fire.
Thursday, April 17, 2003
HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY!!! What did you EXPECT??? We're on tour for chrissakes!! Of course there've been no updates!!! But we've stolen a moment at the terminal to say hello and reassure you that all is well and tell you that we are still in love with you, only you, you exclusively. This page will of course feature entire volumes of tour information come next week, when we're back behind our desks and are once again being paid by an ad agency, bank, and film co. to update the band website -- until then may we proffer the following succulent morsels to keep you interested? Yes, we may:
- All shows have gone very well, but CalTech had the dubious honor of hosting our sole acoustic outing thus far. Go here for pics courtesy of CalTech's own Dorota Korta.
- For those of you considering placing an order with our merch page... well, first of all, congratulations! Smart!!! But also, let us give you the bad news that we are at the end of an era when it comes to much of this merchandise. Bitching!, for example -- that ultra-hot, snapping-mad e.p.-- is now officially sold out! ARRRGGGHH!! God, why do the good guys always have to die!?! Probably this e.p. will not be available again. Tears, tears, tears. Also, look closely at the available shirt sizes, cuz we've run out of a couple of them. If it says we're sold out of your size, check back next week; we will have to take stock upon return to NYC in order to give you an accurate picture of our holdings.
- And holy heck! Holy fucking heck! We have The Bottom of the Hill show tonight in SF!! We have Creamy Brandon C's tomorrow night in Portland! We have the Sunset Tavern in Seattle on Saturday!! Get out to these shows and let us unleash our shock and awe campaign all over you and your friends!!
Wednesday, April 02, 2003
So, here, then, are the dates for the mid-April, West Coast HOT AURAL ACTION tour. Well, not here, no, but on the "shows" page, yes. So why don't you trot on over there and take a gander. Allow your eyes to be seared by the brilliance of so taut a collection of dates. People out East may wish to move to CA, and soon.
BIG NEWS!!! And this ties in with our post of several days ago regarding our New Look. Check it out: we think these guys might be brothers (!!) ...
And holy shit! Check these guys out! Quintuplets, and all musicians...